Due to the high cost of long term healthcare, seniors who require nursing home level care may face the reality of filing for Medicaid assistance. Unlike Medicare, Medicaid is a needs-based health and medical services program with oversight provided by the federal government but administered by each individual state. Filing for Medicaid can be complicated and overwhelming to family members who find themselves assisting a loved one in crisis. Our office provides the following Medicaid services:
- Preparation of the Medicaid application for long term care;
- Medicaid “spend-down” assistance;
- Appeal of long term care Medicaid denials;
- Preparation of the Elderly or Disabled with Consumer Direction Waiver (“EDCD Waiver”);
- Preparation of the Alzheimer’s Assisted Living Waiver (“AAL Waiver”);
- Asset protection planning in anticipation of future filing for Medicaid assistance.
Please contact us for a consultation today.